Job Title Media and Communications Manager, Skating Panda
Report line Director
Location Skating Panda office, London
About Skating Panda
We’re a small team that exists to enable organisations to change today, in order to change the world tomorrow. Every project we do has a positive social and/or environmental impact to them. Over the last year, we’ve helped the NHS charities raise a quarter of a million pounds in 48 hours, we’ve guided a global law firm to find its purpose and start transforming its business around it. We’ve helped a start up build their reputation for their games with strong female protagonists and we’ve run the first gender smart investment summit.
We’re looking for a talented media and comms manager to join our team.
About the Role
You will work across a variety of not for profit and corporate high impact projects and campaigns. You’re dynamic and considered, with an eye for a story, a strong track record in building relationships with journalists and executing successful client facing campaigns.
Working with key members of the business you will play an important part in building Skating Panda’s communications work, developing and implementing PR, content and social media strategies for issue-based, purposeful campaigns targeting consumer, business and policy audiences.
We’re looking for a tenacious person who thrives on developing engaging stories told in creative ways to deliver coverage and impact. Someone with about five years of communications experience, who works well in a small business environment, so is adaptable open, always looking to learn and grow.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
The role includes:
- Being responsible for day to day activity across a number of clients, developing and delivering PR and communications recommendations for a range of organisations
- Securing and managing talent and influencers as required by clients
- Seeking out and securing organic and other (client and partner) growth opportunities
- Being one of the external ambassadors of Skating Panda, representing and marketing it appropriately
- Driving Skating Panda’s communications delivery and be the custodian of its communications assets on a day to day basis
- Actively contributing to a vibrant working culture
Experience and Skillset
- Experience of implementing and/or developing proactive media outreach plans whilst also remaining vigilant for reactive opportunities for multiple clients
- Experience in planning and creating content for key audiences across earned, paid and owned channels
- Experience of developing and implementing communications and content strategies for clients targeting consumer, B2B and public / policy audiences
- Some experience of working on social impact campaigns across national and regional media in an agency environment or in-house
- Experience of developing or implementing proactive strategic media outreach plans whilst also remaining vigilant for reactive opportunities for multiple clients
- Proven track record in securing, working with and managing influencers on behalf of clients
- Ability to translate client expectations into relevant media strategies and sell in plans
- A creative approach to launch moments, PR’able stunts and story creation
- Solid understanding of one or more particular issue area from the charity / NGO world. That is, dynamic and able to talk with knowledge and authority on an area. This could be an issue you’re passionate about.
- Knowledge and experience of paid media is desirable
- A solid network of contacts in leading news outlets in broadcast, print and online would be a bonus
- Articulate and present well face to face
- Strong and accurate written communication skills
We’re actively recruiting and will keep the role open until we find a good candidate, so if you’re interested please apply straight away.
How to Apply
Please send your CV and a cover letter saying why you want the role and will be a good fit for it to email@example.com. If you have any questions, please just ask too.